Friday 1 May 2015

He gave me his heart...and I said YES! :)


Yes I am engaged.

My now fiance popped the question after 8 years of being together. And that is why I am sharing you our proposal story, not to brag, but to inspire you. But first, let me give you a brief introduction about my soon-to-hubby.

His name is Waldo. He is an overall incredible person. He takes care of me, he is hardworking, patient, sweet and loves me despite my flaws. He taught me so many things in life. He taught me how to handle challenges we encounter in life, how to be strong, and he seems to be my number 1 fan. He makes me feel like I am the prettiest human being! (Which I always claim that I am, hahaha!)


THE PROPOSAL

Honestly, the proposal came to me as a surprise. I didn't really expect it. It was a random Monday afternoon. February 9, 2015 around 2:25 pm to be exact. We went on a 12-hour roadtrip from Manila to Bicol last Feb 6. We went there because one of his close friends will be celebrating his birthday. Actually his friend is working in Saudi. I think the last time they saw each other was during their college graduation. So you can just imagine how much they miss each other. Waldo was also his best man during his wedding. They are really close.

It was my first time in Bicol, while it was Waldo's 2nd time to be there. Although he was unable to go around during his first time because it was his friend's wedding.

I am the type of person who makes sure everything is smooth sailing when travelling. I make sure I have everything planned. But prior this trip, he asked me if I can be spontaneous for once. So I did not plan anything. Nothing at all. We just grabbed our bags, went on a long roadtrip, got a map, and explored our way there. I was hesistant to go unplanned but since its the first time ever that he asked me to be spontaneous, so I did.

His friend and his wife were very happy to see us and toured as around. We got to see old churches, and they were all amazing! The weather was perfect to go around. We even went to CWC, (CamSur Watersports Complex), and tried wakeboarding. it was both our first time, the experience was superb! You should try it! Unfortunately, we are unable to see the beauty of Mount Mayon.

Waldo really love to see Caramoan Island so we went there on our last few days in Bicol together with his couple friends. It took us 2 hours to be there. But the long travel hours was really REALLY worth it! It was a virgin island. Not yet commercialized so you get to enjoy the beauty of nature. The Philippines is really blessed with all this natural resources. It makes me proud that I was able to see it. It is at par with the Boracay beach. The beach water is blue green. But what impressed me more is their white sand. I've seen other white sands, such as those is Boracay, Bolinao, and Zambales, but this one in Caramoan was different! It was very fine and smooth. It reminds me of Goldilocks' polvoron!


We went on island hopping. We rented a boat that comes with a tour guide. We were able to see a lot of islands. Every island was surprisingly different from the other. We even ate our packed lunch to one of the islands.





And on our last stop, the last island to visit, Sabitang-Laya Island, it was weird because Waldo and his friend chose to stay on the boat. So I, his friend's wife, and the tour guide went around the island. When we head back to the boat, I was surprised to see a note written on the sand, and when I turned around I saw Waldo on his knees holding a ring and asked me my answer. I was shocked and was speechless for a few seconds. I think was even unable to answer immediately. But eventually I said yes.




It was just like the movies. It was surreal! But I didn't cry maybe because I was still overwhelmed about the surprise and I honestly didn't know how to react. If only I was prepared, I could have combed my hair and put on some lipstick. There were no videos since it all happened so fast. But I have these photos to share. And I wouldnt have it any other way!

I love how he made an effort to surprise me. The place, the ring, with the love of my life...it was really memorable! It made me fall inlove with Caramoan even more! It's now my favorite. :)


I cannot deny how I am still on cloud 9 about all of this. After being officially engaged, I can't stop looking at my ring. Almost three months later I still giggle thinking about how surprised and happy I was and I am over-the-moon-happy!

Add caption





Sharing with you some of the "BTS" pictures:






Photo Credits to Kuya Ofman and Ate Grace Manalo. We love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment