Monday 15 June 2015

Choosing Our Wedding Location


I am a lucky bride-to-be because my fiancée had given me the authority to choose where I want us to get married.

At first I thought it was a good idea to have it here in Manila so we can conveniently plan the wedding. And so we did. We attended several bridal fairs (it's the season for bridal fairs), went to some Grand food tasting to our chosen caterers, spoked to a lot of potential wedding suppliers, did some ocular visits to promising venues, and went around to look for the church that gives us "the" wedding feeling.

The planning was actually going smoothly. Google was my best friend. And most of the time, I bugged my Facebook friends who just recently got married to get tips and advices.

We actually also considered having it in Dagupan, but we just didn't get "the" wedding feeling that were looking for.

Then one day, everything changed. While I was randomly talking to my younger brother, Zander, he made me realize what I really want. He remembered how I used to tell him that I would want to get married in Baguio, specifically where Aga and Charlene got hitched. (Simply because I have been crushing Aga for the longest time. Yes, it was that lame.) Then it hit me.
Baguio really has that special place in my heart.
After reality bit me, I immediately told Waldz that I would want to have it in Baguio. No questions asked, he agreed. (Thanks Babe! I'm so lucky!)

Good thing we haven't paid any initial deposits to the suppliers we spoke with. So now we're back to square one.

We know that it will be a little hard to plan the wedding since our location is 6-8 hours away from where we are. And we will only have a few limited weekends to visit Baguio because were both working on weekdays. Good thing we have almost a year to prepare.

We know that it will take a lot of time, money, and effort to go there. But I am really one lucky girl to have such a supportive and optimistic fiancée. He always reassures me that everything will be okay.

And now I am confident and taking that challenge. Game on!










No comments:

Post a Comment